Thursday, February 14, 2008

Black History Month???

I'll be out of my building tomorrow to attend a library team meeting in another building in the district. There will be a faculty meeting in my library during my absence and I spent much of the morning selecting books to display - terrific new books I have about the Civil Rights movement, the Harlem Renaissance, the Tuskegee Airmen, as well as biographies of notable people and related fiction books as well. At the end of this task, I stood back to admire my beautiful display. As I was mentally patting myself on the back for making such excellent purchases for our library, it hit me. WHY are there so many books on display? Because no one has visited the library to peruse the collection and check out materials for the classroom.

I can't wait to return on Tuesday, to see if some folks checked out some of these books!

No comments: